1) The statistician
2) The doctor
The ones that got away
1) In Futurama, what is Bender's full name?
2) What fruit comes from a blackthorn?
3) What nationality was Christopher Columbus?
4) Which fictional character drives the DRAG-U-LA?
5) What is the name for a beaver's home?
6) Who is credited with introducing the red rose as Labour's logo?
7) What was the Roman name for Scotland?
8) What is the term for animal pancreas when served as food?
4) Herman Munster
6) Peter Mandelson
1) We had no idea for this one, I think we guessed something 'hilarious' like "Bender Bender McBenderson".
2) Again, not much of a clue, but we guessed loganberry, which at least seemed plausible.
3) The first embarrassing miss of the night. We thought it was a tossup between Portugese and Spanish, and went with the latter because of the famous Barcelona monument.
4) We assumed this was a car from Wacky Races, and tried to remember the team that drove some sort of spooky car. We eventually settled on 'The Tombstone Gang', which we later discovered was in fact a posse from the video game Red Dead Redemption. Oops.
5) Another embarrassing miss, which I'm putting down to the cider. Predictably, we put dam, but really should have done better.
6) Without much of an idea we went with PR-specialist Tony Blair.
7) Again, bit embarrassing. We went with the Gaelic name - Alba - which we'd picked up from watching some of the bizarre Gaelic programmes on the BBC's iPlayer.
8) It's tempting to blame this one on being vegetarian, but we jumped the wrong way on sweetbread vs. sweetmeat.