|Question 1 Question 4|
1) The statistician
2) The doctor
3) The programmer
4) The actuary
5) The gamedev
The ones that got away
1) Who is this chap (pictured)? He starred in the 2008 film Slumdog Millionaire.
2) In what year was Planet Terror released?
3) Which country's London embassy was besieged for six days in 1980?
4) What is this European country (pictured)?
5) Identify the film from this quote: "There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."
6) Identify the film from this quote: "For just one night let's not be co-workers. Let's be co-people."
7) Which African city's name means 'new flower'?
5) Austin Powers in Goldmember
7) Addis Ababa
Update: Poll results! 7 votes with 4 scoring 3/7, 2 scoring 1/7, and 1 joining us on zero.
The average reader scored 2 out of 7.
1) Two fun facts: according to our answer sheet we went with Amir Khan and the name Patel means 'landowner'.
2) One day there will be something interesting to say here. Maybe.
3) Half the team immediately thought Iran while one member (whose identity shall remain secret for his own sake) was reasonably confident about Libya. Unfortunately he was thinking about the shooting of Yvonne Fletcher.
4) Pretty brutal if you ask me, although gettable, especially when one member of your team once got a University Challenge starter about a Moldovan breakaway territory...
5) - 6) A couple more movie quotes for the album, although the record should note that the programmer did at least suggest the Austin Powers answer.
7) This rang a bell but we couldn't bring it to mind. We went with the not-too-implausible Nairobi but that roughly translates to 'cold water'.
The ones I would have asked
1) The final question in the film Slumdog Millionaire concerns which book by Alexander Dumas?
2) Where did Quentin Tarantino work prior to becoming a film director, citing his experiences of the job as inspiration for his directorial career?
3) As the name of a British army regiment, what do the letters SAS stand for?
4) With the exception of its coat of arms, Moldova's flag is almost identical to that of which of its neighbours?
5) In Austin Powers in Goldmember which singer - then a member of Destiny's Child - played FBI agent Foxxy Cleopatra?
6) The Californian city in which Anchorman is set is an anagram of which eight-letter word meaning to identify a problem?
7) At 2,355m, Addis Ababa is the fifth highest capital city in the world. Name one of the four capitals which are higher.
2) A video rental store (specifically Video Archives)
3) Special Air Service
5) Beyoncé Knowles
6) Diagnose (San Diego)
7) In (quite literally) ascending order: Bogotá (Colombia), Thimphu (Bhutan), Quito (Ecuador), La Paz (Bolivia).