1) The statistician
2) The doctor
3) The programmer
4) The misandrist
The ones that got away
1) Who assassinated Martin Luther King Junior?
2) Identify the film from this quote: "Maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911?"
3) Brain teaser: What does an island and the letter T have in common?
4) Who hid in an oak tree in Boscobel Wood?
5) In what year did the Wright brothers take their first flight?
2) Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
3) They're both in the middle of water. (Geddit??!!)
4) Charles II
1) One of those things one really should know but we didn't. Fortunately I've now come up with the impossible-to-forget aide memoire of it being a sort-of-portmaneau of James Earl Jones and Earl Grey.
2) Proof that we can miss a film quote even when it's from something most of us have seen more than once. Apparently my insightful contribution of "it must be an American film with a character from the emergency services in it" wasn't sufficient help.
3) The first time we've ever missed this quiz's brain teaser question. We toyed with White (sounds like Isle of Wight and white tea) and Ice (because of Iceland and the rapper - the drink would be iced), but will concede that these were (slightly) more contrived than the actual answer.
4) Biggest embarrassment of the night, where all we could remember was that it had something to do with the Civil War, but plumped for Charles I.
5) Despite being allowed a year either way, and thanks to the drunkest member of the team suggesting the correct answer, we were well off the point with a guess of 1910.